Saturday, November 1, 2014

Weekend - Keep Paris Burning

As far as I can tell, the Keep Paris Burning shirt is a reference to a 1991 movie about an underground culture of minority transgender and gay people in New York in the 80s and 90s. Or to a crazy rebellion in Paris at some point in history. Hard to tell. Of course I Googled it (I'm a legit writer, not a heathen!), and most of the sites that popped up were just selling this shirt, so your guess is as good as mine, unless you are an historian or anthropologist, in which case, please help.

I know I'm bucking the white Chuck Taylor trend with these gray beauties, but call me a rebel. What really started all of this was the very inviting blazer that is sophisticated with just enough bad-ass hidden on the inside to inspire a rebel's shirt, dramatic nails, and army canvas. I wore something similar to this outfit (minus the obscure cultural reference) to take my son to the pumpkin patch for Halloween. Yeah, I'm hardcore.


Weekend - Keep Paris Burning

No comments:

Post a Comment